This building was the first train depot for Columbia Falls in the late 1800s. It was added on to in 1908— a board dated March 14, 1908 was discovered in the attic while making renovations in 2008. The name for our shop that opened in June 2008 derived from the dated board found in the attic and for our year of opening, thus The Shops at Station 8!
This original train depot wasn’t suitable for President Truman’s visit to Columbia Falls, so it was moved off the tracks to make room for the new depot. The building was cut into thirds and moved down Nucleus Avenue in the early 1950s. It was purchased by Norman Stringfellow who opened an automotive shop, and he later sold it to
Linc France who also operated an auto repair business.
Rachel Hopkins: owner/boss lady, creative genius, frasier's mom
megan crawford: shop gal, photographer, designer
Alongside working in the shop, Megan’s our go-to image-maker and graphic designer. If you follow us on social media, see our event marketing, or read our monthly article in Montana Woman, she’s there!
laurie grogan: shop gal, organizing mastermind
frasier: shop dog, good boy
25% attention seeking
25% nervous energy
100% good boy